SIXTEEN girls from Don Bosco Technical School have Patricia Dallu from Trish’s Hair Salon educate them about the basics of beauty. Mas Dallu ran a two-day Personal Enhancement workshop on Tuesday and Wednesday last week for the girls.The training combined both theory and hands-on experience. The girls learnt all the essentials, including hair cutting andstyling, facials, waxing and After studying Beauty and Hairdressing in Australia, Ms Dallu began her very own hair salon in Honiara’s King Solomon Hotel named ‘Trish’s Hair Salon’. Twenty years on, she now employs a team of four dedicated staff to keep up with the demand.Ms Dallu’s expertise shone through everything she taught to the young ladies but above all, her message was that “You must feel good about yourself and love yourself”.She also taught the girls to have confidence in themselves and set goals. She said “If I can do it, I know you can too”.The classroom turned into a beauty parlour buzzing with excitement as the girls put into practice what they had learnt.Some gave each other haircuts whilst others received relaxing facial massages and treatments.As the workshop came to a reluctant end, the young girls were unrecognisable as they beamed with their new images.Esther Rongokulia said: “I feel even more beautiful and confident within myself…I learnt that our body is important and we must maintain it properly.“I’m so happy to be a woman.”
Source: SIBC